Tuesday, February 07, 2006

SOA Under a Giant Arch

I'm flying to St. Louis tonight to speak at the Gateway JUG. I'm doing my SOA: The Future of Distributed Computing or the Return of the Son of CORBA? talk, helping to promote the upcoming No Fluff, Just Stuff Gateway Software Symposium. Because there is so much sound and fury with so little substance in most SOA discussions, I'm trying to take a pragmatic approach to building SOA, which includes the (what I consider essential) focus on agile development techniques. I feel like I can offer some insight on this subject because I've lived through a lot of distributed computing initiatives and seen a lot of failures. This talk is about how to achieve some of the lofty goals espoused by SOA advocates with a healthy dose of skepticism.

No comments: